What is preventive dentistry?
Preventive dentistry, as you may already suspect from the name, concerns itself with preventing more serious oral healthcare issues. By scheduling regular dental cleanings and exams, you can help us keep your smile healthy. Catching a possible issue early means we can treat it often more effectively sooner than later. In essence, preventive dentistry is the difference between a filling and a tooth extraction. Caught early, the damage caused by tooth decay has a simple solution. However, not addressing it in a timely manner can cause complications to occur.
In fact, preventive dentistry is so important that most major dental insurance companies completely cover regular six-month cleanings and exams. Even if you don’t have insurance, we have flexible payment options and membership plans to ensure you get the oral health care that you need to maintain your smile.
What kinds of preventive services does Green Dental offer?
As your comprehensive dental office, Green Dental offers all standard preventive services — and additional solutions to help protect your smile.
Our preventive dentistry services include:
- Dental hygiene and exams, which includes cleanings, consultations, oral cancer screenings, X-rays, and more
- Dental fillings, the best way to stop tooth decay in its tracks and prevent cavities caused by decay from deepening into more serious issues
- Extractions, including wisdom teeth extraction and other tooth extractions, supported through platelet rich fibrin treatment
- Sealants and fluoride to protect teeth from the bacteria that cause decay and promote the health and strengthening of tooth enamel
- Athletic mouthguards so you can be as active as you’d like without sacrificing the health of your beautiful smile
- Nightguards for bruxism are customized to fit comfortably in your mouth so they won’t disturb your slumber while protecting your teeth from grinding damage
- TMJ therapy to identify, address, and resolve the factors that may cause jaw stiffness, discomfort, and pain.
What can patients expect during such services?
No matter why you may have scheduled an appointment at Green Dental, all patients can expect quality and comprehensive care. That means that if we spot an issue during a regular preventive exam, we can consult with you on how you would like to address it right under the same roof. Drs. Gordon and Brooks Green and Dr. Nichole Barnett have the experience required to offer the majority of treatments that any patient will need over the course of their life.
Every step of the way, we will take the time to address your concerns, answer your questions, and make sure you understand the different options you have — and the pros and cons of each — when it comes to the treatment path you wish to pursue.
Ready to get control of your oral health?
Schedule your initial appointment and exam with Green Dental today!
- Amy O. -
- Ashley S. -
- Christina F. -
Contact Green Dental today
Reach out to our office by filling out the form below. We look forward to seeing you soon.